Monday, September 1, 2014

Unprepared

This evening I attempted to go Carping. When I reached my spot, I was taken aback by the lack of carp. There simply were none feeding. There were, however, plenty of bass and pickerel boiling and slashing at bait fish. This is not what I had geared up for. None the less I began presenting my carp patterns in a way that I thought may catch the predators' attention. It eventually did, and I nailed into a substantial fish. Once I lipped the fish I could see it to be an abnormally fat Largemouth Bass. Apparently they are feeding well. As the evening continued a spinner fall began and every fish in the pond focused on that, so I had to just watch.


2 comments:

  1. Nice bass, and the rain must have gotten thier attention with more water to stir things up.
    Fish on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By then the water level was back to normal, but the temperature may have put the carp off the bite. I may head down there soon to see what is up.

      Delete