Monday, November 24, 2014

Continuing to Produce With the Pine Special

I first used the pine special a month ago. It had sat in my box and was ignored. Now it is my staple producer. Today it came in handy. I was fishing a small brook I hadn't touched since spring, and it was high and tannin stained after the deluge we received today. This stream is home to many beautiful native Brook Trout, and the population is more healthy then in any other stream I fish. My favorite way to fish this water is working downstream and skating and hanging wets and streamers in the plunges. There are other ways to fish here, obviously, but I find this most productive.
With the high water the Pine Special was the perfect combination of size, attraction, and finesse. Although I did not catch many Brookies, they were pretty and hit with vigor. I did one on a worm pattern too. I account my lack of bigger fish to the fact that I was fishing from upstream with a bright red shirt on!





The same fish as above, but the other side. Amazing how much it differs.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see the small streams with some volume.
    Nice brookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The sound when the water is at this level is my favorite kind of music.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the experiance. Nice pics, natives and sounds. These little guys sure like the big meals.
    Fish on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do. They need to in order to survive.

      Delete