Monday, June 22, 2015

Success

Today was a bit better. Not as far as weather's concerned. Its grossly hot out. But the fishing wasn't terrible. I scouted my favorite local pond to see if the carp would be on the feed in midday. I wasn't surprised not to see any. I was surprised when the first fish to take the fly was a fairly large bullhead! I can't stop running into these guys lately.




missing something?


On the way home I stopped at a mill pond I haven't fished in a while and SLAMMED the white perch there.





When it cooled off I went out on the lake in my kayak, and the fishing didn't pickup until well after sunset, around twilight actually. Then I did manage to bump into a lot of perch and smallmouth, all the while enjoying the fact that it had ceased to be hot. 






4 comments:

  1. Wow you had an awesome day! Wonder what ate that bullhead's tail. Your caption made me laugh lol. Were there any smallies coming up for those mayflies? That would be pretty cool...smallies on dries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,
      I'm guessing snapping turtle. Smallmouth on dries are not rare in the Salmon. Maybe I'll show you the big ones some time.

      Delete
  2. Good trip. It's amazing that a fish can survive from a snapers grip. Must have been a big snaper.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete