Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Breaking The Rules

There are a few rules for good pickerel fishing. Don't fish for them at night, and don't fish for them until four weeks after the spawn. After I got my fill of yellow perch today (yesterdays white perch seemed to have been replaced by yellows) I went to that pickerel pond of mine. You know how it is some times. Things might not look that promising, but sometimes you just have to say "screw it" and go anyway. And because I gave logic the finger this evening I caught post spawn pickerel in the dark.

2 comments:

  1. Some rules don't make sense. They are predators and will eat when they see an opportunity, day or night. They are beautiful! Way to go!
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case the rules make all the sense in the world, the actual results are what don't make sense....

      Delete