Wednesday, May 19, 2021

CT Fly Angler Guide Service

 Yup... I'm a guide now, registered and licensed. All the cool kids were doing it so I thought I would to. 

Photo Courtesy Leo Sheng

In all seriousness, I've intended to do this for a long time and already have a fair amount of guiding and instructional experience. I'll primarily be guiding for trout and smallmouth bass in Central and Eastern CT, but if you wish to target another species or are even looking to catch something completely new and unusual, just ask! I will not guide for Farmington River trout or striped bass though, at least not yet. There are plenty of great guides that already do and I will happily give you a suggestion tailored towards your needs. 

I'll also get doing casting lessons at whatever public location is most convenient to clients. I'm not the best caster in the world, certainly, but I've been told I'm pretty good and I'd certainly like to believe so. Accuracy, distance, and different casting styles are all areas I can definitely help a beginner improve on. 

Over the coming few weeks, the night fishing season for trout in most area rivers will be at its peak just before water temperatures become inhospitable, and that is something I'd love to take clients out for. It's a short window, and certainly not for everybody, but if getting into night fishing for trout safely and ethically is something you're interested in, get in touch and book a trip! Rates and contact information are on my "Contact & Guiding" page. Walk and wade trips for smallmouth bass are also a great option as some of the largest fish in the river are at their most aggressive right now. 


Until next time, 

Fish for the love of fish.
Fish for the love of places fish live.
Fish for you.
And stay safe and healthy.


Thank you to my Patrons; Erin, David, John, Elizabeth, Brandon, Christopher, Shawn, Mike, Sara, Leo, C, Franky, Geof, Luke, and Noah for making Connecticut Fly Angler possible. If you want to support this blog, look for the Patreon link at the top of the right side-bar in web version. 

5 comments:

  1. Rowan that's great news. I wish you the best my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with this new venture! What if I need a redfin pickerel guide?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      And that can be arranged, it wouldn't even be the first time I'd done it!

      Delete
  3. You will be a great guide. I wish you the best with your endeavour. You know a lot of secret spots. I trust you will keep those secret.

    ReplyDelete