Thursday, July 21, 2022

Hex Hatch & Other Updates

 There's currently an exceptional hex hatch happening in the evening on one of the rivers I guide. It's an exceptional opportunity to get large warm-water fish on dries, an opportunity most CT fly anglers never experience, and I've got the right vessel and gear for it. The window is short, I expect little more than the next 4 nights. If you'd like to try this, it's a short two hour trip that I'd run at a discount, so reach out soon if you've got a free evening and want to try something extremely unique! If the hatch doesn't happen there's generally still very good fishing. Channel catfish, huge carp, mega white perch, and large bass are all eating the hex. This isn't something you'll get from any other guide in CT. 


In other news, Noah and I have started doing weekly report for The Fisherman, specifically about the more odd and off-the wall bites that are happening. Subscribe on Youtube to catch our take on what's happening each week. 

Last but not least, on Thursday, August 11th I'll be doing a talk at the Middle Haddam Public Library at 7:00pm, entitled CT's World Class Carp & How to Catch Them on The Fly. It'll cover the history of carp in CT, how I go about targeting them on the fly, and their impacts on the CT River ecosystem. I hope to see you all there! 

Thank you to my Patrons; Erin, David, John, Elizabeth, Brandon, Christopher, Shawn, Mike, Sara, Leo, Franky, Geof, Luke, Noah, Justin, Sean, Tom, Mark, and Jake for making Connecticut Fly Angler possible. If you want to support this blog, look for the Patreon link at the top of the right side-bar in web version.

No comments:

Post a Comment