Sunday, April 3, 2016

Poachers

We were on our way back home from Essex this evening when we crossed a bridge over the Moodus River. There were two spin fisherman there. They were clearly keeping fish. I'm not sure if the state stocks trout in that spot, and if they don't these guys were probably after river herring. Either way, it was illegal, and if I had the number then, I would have called DEEP.

I don't care who you are, and I don't care why you do it. Don't do anything that threatens a fishery or you will make an enemy of me. I will not stand by and let someone take fish illegally. If there is someone with me I will tell it to your face, and if not then you can bet your behind that I'll call a conservation officer, I have that number on speed dial now. You do not want to end up like the morons who were caught illegally taking a stripers in the Housitonic last week. Be smart, be conscientious, and be fair. Don't poach, dump, litter, poison, or whatever. It's not ethical and it's pretty damn far from classy.
Connecticut DEEP photo. 

4 comments:

  1. There is no need for that.....every one should enjoy the resource and do it legally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame. Some people just don't get it. YES, use speed-dial!!!
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Brk Trt!! Unfortunately in today's society the rules apply to everyone else but the ones breaking the law!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely! I think all brook trout fishermen should practice catch and release (even though it is not the law in most streams) because even keeping your legal limit on a brook trout stream will take its toll over time. It is important that we work to preserve all of our wild and native fish species.

    ReplyDelete