Sunday, May 22, 2016

A Weird Bit of Weekend

Saturday night I went out looking for big bass around Essex. It was kind of odd. I'm not really sure why. It just kinda went that way. I caught some bluegills and pumpkinseeds off of beds and a few small bass, and a couple little snot rockets too. It felt like fishy conditions, but they just weren't really there.










Early Sunday morning I planned to go fish the marina for stripers. I waited until 4 a.m. to check the tide and it did not look good. I didn't get out until around three. I was hoping for some fluke or sea robins off the jetty. The water was dirty and I got only two half hearted grabs. The only thing that kept the skunk away was a two inch mummichog in the creek. New species to add to the list I guess, though certainly not one to brag about. Hey everyone, I can catch those puny fish that hide in tidal creeks... whatever, it was a very cool looking little fish even though it flipped out of my hand before I could get a photo.

2 comments:

  1. The inland water looks very calm. You did catch some fun fish though. Love those Pickerel.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,
      They're a little small, I haven't been getting the big ones lately.

      Delete