Friday, September 8, 2017

Not so Patiently Awaiting Mayhem

I've been rather tired the last week or so. Conditions haven't been optimal for a lot of my shore spots, wind and water levels are straight up awful for carp, and I though we've had some rain to bring up the small streams I just haven't been all that into it. Here's a bunch of junk from trips that were fun but just weren't full-post worthy on their own.







Yesterday, on a wild goose chase for juenile weakfish, Noah and I ended up getting a fluke each. Not really sizable ones, certainly not keepers. Then we ended up going to snag some bunker so he had something to fish for sharks at night on the Cape. I was invited on that marathon trip but sadly had to decline. Even though I haven't seen anything of it yet, I am pretty jealous. We're planning to do that trip minus the bunker(or maybe not) and plus me another weekend.


 I got out again in the evening for just a little while. It was tough. I got three fish, none of them big, but I was glad to see them, give them a kiss on the head, and watch them swim off.


You know what it is? It's albie fever. I'm in need of some hard tails and I need them fast. Once they're here, there'll be no waiting around. I'll walk 40 miles if I have too. It's just a matter of time. Let's see which comes first, my new Lamson or the fat alberts. 

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes for whatever reason we take a break. Nice photography Rowan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but this time I want the break to be replaced by sleepless nights and 20 hour fishing days punctuated by manic blitzes!

      Delete