Thursday, December 3, 2015

Brooky Quicky

I had a short family outing today, and I decided to show my mom and brother a special stream that is in some particularly beautiful surroundings. In the stream are some sizable wild brook trout, although I've felt the past two times that I visited this stream that it wasn't showing its full potential. Today I think it was generous. We were there for no longer than half an hour and I had my line on the water for maybe ten minutes. I caught four brookies on the only fly I used, and Ausable Ugly, and they were all good sized, healthy, and dark colored creatures. Awesome! What a great, albeit short trip with family.





10 comments:

  1. Pulled out some pretty good sized fish from that stream especially the last one. I thought I recognized the stream and then the last picture gave it away. What a gorgeous stream and a gorgeous picture. That one belongs in a frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a good amount of water in that stream. Love the red barn pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Finally the streams look perfect!
      It was most productive today, giving up three of the four fish.

      Delete
  3. The more I become familiar with some of your waters, the more jealous I get. Those brookies are simply gorgeous and the water is so enticing. Thanks Rowan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,
      If you ever make your way out here some of us CT boys will show you some secrets, but you'll have to promise to show us some of your home water!

      Delete

  4. Fine looking brookies and awesome scenic shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beauties in a short time to cast. Glad the water is up. I'm sure your mom and bother were impressed and excited to be with you. It's deer season here and not safe to be in our woods," Blaaaa"
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,
      It's deer season here too... fish in the suburbs!

      Delete