Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas! A Triple Digit Day

Merry Christmas dear reader! I hope you and all your family have a happy healthy holiday.

I caught a ton of fish today, and I kept my promise and visited my home water. I was expecting the water to be up, and it was flowing at the perfect level... however, I had thought about the leaves that have accumulated in the dry parts of the stream bed and it was loaded with floating debris. Today was not going to be a good day to fish my home water. I made a few casts and then just sat back and enjoyed the scene. If there is a prettier stream anywhere in Connecticut, I haven't been there.

  A view of the Last Chance Pool

Then I lost a walleye in the bell pond and caught some perch. But the highlight of the day was fishing for yellow and white perch in the canal with the 3 wgt. I caught 145 fish in two hours! Who cares that they were mostly small? This time of year for roughly a week perch POUR into this canal by the thousands. If I had hours I would have caught that many. Awesome. Amazingly, no predator fish come in to feast on this buffet. Why, I have no idea.




Fish #100

Fish #145

4 comments:


  1. Nice Job!!! Merry Christmas Rowan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you as well! I guess that means you'll have to wait until next spring to see how well your home water has survived. Hopefully it has fared better than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could set there for hours, it is a place for our souls. You feel OK, as long as you have rod in hand.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete