Thursday, September 15, 2016

Skunked at a New Pond

I fished briefly at a pond today that I have wanted to work a fly through for quite a few years now. It has a reputation for producing big pickerel and yellow perch. I didn't catch squat. It was a gorgeous pond though, and I'd bet anything it would be a very productive in late fall and early winter.



To make up for that failed attempt I fished the Bell Pond for a little while this evening. I've been hitting it consistently in the evening all summer without the success I had last year and tonight once again did not produce. I'll have to leave it up to that November pickerel, perch, and walleye bite to get some of this ponds monsters. 


2 comments:

  1. That's the way fishing goes. That is a good looking pond. Try it with the kayak some time. Fall is here.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete