Monday, November 8, 2021

Take A Moment

 A little while ago I was on my way to a fishing spot when I came upon this incredible flock of swallows. Despite having just felt an urgent need to get out on the water as quickly as possible I suddenly was compelled to stay right where I was and just watch the show. I pulled off the road, got out, climbed up onto the roof, and sat for a while watching something miraculous. 





Remember to take a moment the next time you're out fishing. Lean the rod up, take off your sling pack off for a moment, and watch something cool happen without interrupting it. Every day I'm out something wild happens, I just don't always pause to take it in. I ought to.

Until next time, 

Fish for the love of fish.
Fish for the love of places fish live.
Fish for you.
And stay safe and healthy.


Thank you to my Patrons; Erin, David, John, Elizabeth, Brandon, Christopher, Shawn, Mike, Sara, Leo, C, Franky, Geof, Luke, Streamer Swinger, and Noah for making Connecticut Fly Angler possible. If you want to support this blog, look for the Patreon link at the top of the right side-bar in web version.

5 comments:

  1. Man there is so much out there. Fishing brings you to them please stop and take the time to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's too much to see and too little time to let an opportunity pass by.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful photos, and indeed a miraculous sight. Great advice to sit back once in a while and take in what is around us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping at a happening like this is a gift from mother nature and she gives us peace that is essential to our well being.

    ReplyDelete